Tuesday 13 March 2012

Confessions: Art Filters

We’re often asked… well, we’re sometimes asked… well, someone asked me once, about how the episodes are drawn.
The truth is, despite appearances, the comic strip isn’t drawn as such.
It’s merely photographed with a common-or-garden point-and-shoot camera, and most episodes then have ‘arty’ filters applied in post-production.
The ‘Artwork by’ credits refer to the person who wielded the camera and designed the filters for the episode in question.
At first I was going to illustrate the first episodes, but then it came out looking a complete mess, so I decided I’d better stick to the acting and the executive-producing.
Ooh, I’ve just remembered - we designed a Jackson-Pollock-esque filter for Episode 24, didn’t we?
We did.
But it didn’t really work, and nobody wanted to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment