Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pop Quiz: Forkley

We seem to have settled on Tuesdays for posting these quizzes.  Anyway, here's our hardest-to-draw forklift truck in the hot seat:


*****


Fort Paradox Pop Quiz: Forkley

Q: Describe yourself in five words?
Forkley: Fun-loving, Mischievous, Quick, Red, Loud.

Q: What's your favourite colour?
Forkley: I'm more into textures, rather than just colours.  I like my colours all bold and crazy and mixed up.  Orange and black is a pretty good combination, I think.

Q: Favourite number?
Forkley: A quintillion.  Partly because it's huge, and partly because the name sounds really cool.

Q: What do you miss most from your life before Fort Paradox?
Forkley: I miss the huge open expanse of concrete outside my hangar where I used to make skid marks most mornings.

Q: What do you enjoy most about life on board Fort Paradox?
Forkley: Corridors.  Lots and lots and lots of exciting new corridors to explore.

Q: What would your perfect day be like?
Forkley: I keep changing my mind about that, but the main constant is that there would be a lot of lasers.

Q: Where would you most like to visit?
Forkley: I’m half-way through a grand tour of the five most impressive ruined planets in the universe.  I got to two of them and then got distracted, and then an intergalactic war got in the way.  Once that’s all settled down I really want to finish the tour.

Q: And finally: I've got to ask since you're a forklift truck, what's your maximum lifting capacity?
Forkley: A lot.  I mean, it varies depending on the nature of the load, depending on the state of my batteries and my hydraulics, maybe even my tyre pressure, but on average, a few dozen tonnes.  If I try really hard when I've just been tuned up, and I've got something compact but dense to lift, I can manage a hundred tonnes.

Q: That seems a lot for a machine your size.
Forkley: Maybe by your engineering standards, but you've got to bear in mind that I'm the product of one of the most advanced races in the known universe - people who had perfected cheap large-scale FTL transport before you Earth lot had even invented the railway.

No comments:

Post a Comment