Tuesday 17 January 2012

FP Backstage: Who Done What

You've probably noticed that a lot of episodes have multiple scripting credits, most commonly me and Tim, or me and Tim and Sarah.  If you've ever wondered "but who wrote which lines though?", then this is your chance to find out - at least in part - with Fort Paradox Backstage: An Insight Into Who Was Responsible For Penning Which Lines in Which Episodes.

Specifically, I've got a breakdown of the Bridge scene at the end of Chapter III.  I keep all the FP paperwork in narrative order in my filing drawer and FP Backstage is working through it from front to back, and since I did the Bridge concept art last week, the next thing to come up was a hand-written script page for the following few episodes.

What makes this page a bit more interesting than some of the others is that I'd used my highlighters to colour-code different bits of the page to indicate who came up with which lines, which I thought might make for an enlightening read for the rest of you.

Scripts for Episodes 34-38, with notes for what became 39, 48, 51 and 55

Probably my favourite example is Episode 35, where you can see pretty clearly how it developed - Sarah picked up Tim's line of thought from the previous episode and carried it another step to create the next punchline, then Tim took it back and added the stage direction to emphasise the point, and then I came along being all pedantic and added the first half of Mallard's line, because we needed to establish that Nagg is serving as the Fort's first officer.

Here's a new version of the episode, with colour-coded overlays to visualise who wrote what:

Episode 35 with script breakdown blobs


- The Colclough (on behalf of itself & TMJ & SRJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment